Stocks in focus in pre-market trade Tuesday:
• Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) stock fell 2.17% by 7:51 AM ET (12:51 GMT) after U.S. President Donald Trump said he expects to move forward with tariffs on China and suggested a 10% increase on iPhones and laptops imported from the world’s second-largest economy.
• Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) stock lost 2.18% after data from the China Passenger Car Association showed the company sold just 211 vehicles in the country during October, a 70% decline from the same month a year earlier.
• Amazon.com (NASDAQ:AMZN) stock lost 0.84% despite the company confirming that Cyber Monday was the biggest shopping day in its history.
• United Technologies (NYSE:UTX) stock advanced 0.64% after the company announced that it would split into three separate divisions.
• UnitedHealth Group (NYSE:UNH) stock gained 0.71% after the company reiterated its 2018 guidance and forecast 2019 revenues of up to $245 billion.
• Campbell Soup (NYSE:CPB) stock could see movement in the regular session after the company ended a proxy fight with Third Point by offering the activist hedge fund the right to choose nominees for the board.
• Spirit Airlines (NYSE:SAVE) soared 8.96% after the company lifted its fourth-quarter earnings guidance.
• Bristol-Myers Squibb (NYSE:BMY) stock tumbled 3.09% after the company said one of its cancer drugs failed to meet a late-stage trial goal.
• Buckle (NYSE:BKE) stock may see downside in the regular session after the company’s third-quarter results missed on the top and bottom lines.